Saturday, August 10, 2013

Cost of the trip to Japan

Some of you may be wondering how much did my 2-months internship cost. Today, I will present a summary of the money I spent in the 2 months. The university did provide me with partial scholarship which covered approximately the fare of the plane ticket, but I did not subtract the amount from the analysis for completeness.

So here's the cost breakdown (in Thai baht, using the conversion of 100 JPY = 32 THB).


The total is 116,339 THB, but let me explain each categories.

Plane Ticket: This is self-explanatory. The cost of an economy class round-trip ticket between Thailand and Japan.

Food: All the eatings I did in Japan. A cheap meals at the cafeteria cost approximately 500 JPY, but I've also had meals in the range of 1000 - 1500 JPY.

Accommodation: My room fee at Sakura-kan. It's a special facility for researchers at AIST, so the price is quite low.

Transportation: My accommodation is right inside AIST, so I don't need daily transportation to go to work. This section mainly consists of me traveling around for sightseeing.

Souvenir: Also self-explanatory. Things I've bought for my friends, family and teachers.

Other: This section includes essentials such as soap, other less-essential spendings such as entrance fee to tourist spots or other things I've bought for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment