Sunday, June 23, 2013

Asakusa Tour

As I've mentioned yesterday, today, my mentor will give me, my senior, and 2 Taiwanese researchers (Ricky & Jung) to tour Tokyo. We've started off at Asakusa since it's the on the Tsukuba Express line and thus we can go there without connecting with other trains.

Sensoji Temple at Asakusa
We also have one extra member today! Takano-san had brought his cute son, Kaoru-kun, with him.

This is Kaoru-kun
Before we've reached the temple, there were a lot of shops there selling various goods and souvenirs. One of my friends told me to try out the melon pan here, but I couldn't find the shop. Instead, we've all tried some green tea ice cream here, which is made from tea powder from Hoshino village in Fukuoka.

Green Tea Ice Cream - ¥400
Next, we did what we all love to do at temples... finding out our fortunes (called "mikuji" in Japanese). Ricky and Jung got bad luck. My senior, Best, got worst luck. However, I may have the worst luck of all since I didn't have ¥100 with me then to pay for the fortune. I'll tell you later about my very bad luck.




If you've picked up bad luck, you tie it up here and don't take it with you.
Next, we went up to see the temple while Kaoru-kun shows us his Ultraman cards.


After we've managed to pull Kaoru-kun away from toy stores, we ate lunch at this sushi restaurant...


...or so we had planned. Unfortunately, it was closed so we had sukiyaki instead. This was a treat from Takano-san, ありがとうございます!



The restaurant staff teaching us how to eat Sukiyaki


After that, all the other people went to the Tokyo Skytree, but I wanted to attend Tokyo's first cross-faction Ingress meetup, so I've left the group. I'll write about that in another post soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment