Monday, June 17, 2013

Restaurant: Coco's

Today, nothing eventful happened at work, but for dinner, I've decided to start eating out at restaurants instead of just using the cafeteria at AIST. Today, I went to a branch of Coco's, a chain of family restaurants in the Ibaraki prefecture.


A family restaurant (ファミレス) is a type of restaurant in Japan with a relaxed environment and a variety of menus ranging from around ¥500 to ¥2000.


So I browsed the menu (with pictures and even a bit of English) and decided to have Beef Curry. I was sitting and waiting, wondering why hasn't the waiter came yet... until I realize...

You have to press this button!
I've ordered it very spicy, but the waiter then came and said that only normal spicy is available (I think they're using pre-cooked frozen food). Anyway, here's the food. The taste was so-so, I guess.


When I payed for the food, I was given some kind of promotional coupon for a chocolate cake during the end of this month. Unfortunately, my Japanese is not good enough to understand the conditions.


Let's finish off the meal with ice cream from a nearby vending machine!


No comments:

Post a Comment