Friday, June 28, 2013

Restaurant: Gusto

I guess I'm running out of things to write home about, so I'm going to write another restaurant review! Today, I went to "Gusto", another family restaurant near the Tsukuba station.


I went in and the cashier asked me if I wanted the smoking or non-smoking section in Japanese, which I couldn't understand. So I've asked him if he could speak English or not and... surprise! He could speak English quite fluently!


Unfortunately, I couldn't say the same for the waiter who took my order. So instead, I've asked him to speak simple Japanese slowly and managed to get by. My order today was "Texas BBQ Pork".


One interesting thing unrelated to the restaurant is that in Thailand, pork and chicken are basic food while fish are more expensive. I've heard that people eat a lot of fish here, but so far, apart from sushi, I could only find fish in basic menus while more advanced menus often consists of pork and chicken.

Anyway, before I left the restaurant, the English-speaking cashier remembered me and gave me the price and saying something along the line of "thank you for coming" in English.

No comments:

Post a Comment