Sunday, July 28, 2013

An invitation to a Japanese house

Yesterday, me and other foreign interns were lucky enough to be invited to Kojima-san's house for an Okonomiyaki party. Though unluckily, due to a certain chain of events, I ended up with this while trying to get there.


In any case, Kojima-san's wife was kind enough to give me first aid and so the party continued. This is my first time in a real "typical" Japanese house, so it was a very interesting experience for me. Unfortunately, due to my phone being like above, I couldn't get many pictures.

Okonomiyaki, or "Japanese Pizza" as Thai people call them is a Japanese food originated from the Kansai region. The food itself is similar to pancake, except that there are various toppings to put onto it. "Okonomi" means "what you like" and "yaki" means "fried", so I think the name means that you put whatever you like and fry it (and there are indeed many kinds of okonomiyaki). Apart of okonomiyaki, Kojima-san's wife also cooked many side dishes for us. Gochisosama deshita!

Okonomiyaki being cooked (by Kojima-san's wife)
Finally finished!
Me and Joseph trying to make our own Okonomiyaki

No comments:

Post a Comment