Tuesday, July 2, 2013

One month has passed

So one month has passed since I've came to Japan and that leaves me one more month for my internship here in Japan. For those who are wondering, I'll be leaving Japan on July 31.

Looking back, a lot of things has happened. I've learned about a lot of things, whether it is about Japanese culture or computers. I haven't had a lot of chance to meet a lot of Japanese, but the ones I've met, whether it is at the office, at a shop, at a meetup, on Ingress or just on the street, were really kind (despite me sometimes struggling to communicate). The researchers from Taiwan who came here were also great friends. I have also eaten great food and explored interesting places. There's no other way to put it except "It has really been an enjoyable and interesting month!"

For the internship, currently, I am working on porting postcopy migration to libvirt and CloudStack. Due to the relatively immature code, it might be harder and more obscure errors may occur, but it is a very good chance to learn more about the Linux kernel (and put those knowledge from Computer Architecture class into use). After that, the schedule is to wrap everything up and give a presentation to everyone else in the office before preparing a final report. I might even have some free time for additional travel towards the end!

And that's enough for my reminiscence. Looking forward to another great month!

No comments:

Post a Comment